I suppose it was only inevitable that the original cast of The Glass Goose would become a family more so than awkward co-workers. Once the few douchebags and retards were weeded out, it was the core group of friends that stood strong even through the repetition of the same playlist day after day.
Even I became quite efficient behind the bar, not only pouring water from the dispense gun, but also being able to translate through the thick Kiwi accent...I know, a true success story. It took numerous mistakes and embarrassment to get to this pivotal stage, but thats all behind me now. I refuse to remember the occasions in which someone asked for bourbon on the rocks and I gently placed small pebbles in their drink or when neat translated to an extra clean glass...awkkkwarrrddd. Perhaps playing Vanna White when asked about the variety of whiskeys we carry suited me a bit better as I would vaguely open my posture up to point in the general direction of the 3 massive shelves of spirits behind me. Becoming more acquainted with alcohol, I have learned the following:
1) There is no such thing as an overpour
2) Apple Sourz taste like an orgasm in your mouth...but thats negated by everyone thinking you're a little bitch
3) All beer still taste the same
4) Limes burn when you get them in your cuts, your eyes, and your butt
5) No one actually knows anything about wine
6) James Bond is really not that suave as martinis are meant to be stirred, not shaken
7) That exercising your liver doesn't really make it stronger
8) How to spell shampain
9) Popping champagne bottles is oddly erotic
10) Fireball is significantly less tasty when in comes back up
Even I became quite efficient behind the bar, not only pouring water from the dispense gun, but also being able to translate through the thick Kiwi accent...I know, a true success story. It took numerous mistakes and embarrassment to get to this pivotal stage, but thats all behind me now. I refuse to remember the occasions in which someone asked for bourbon on the rocks and I gently placed small pebbles in their drink or when neat translated to an extra clean glass...awkkkwarrrddd. Perhaps playing Vanna White when asked about the variety of whiskeys we carry suited me a bit better as I would vaguely open my posture up to point in the general direction of the 3 massive shelves of spirits behind me. Becoming more acquainted with alcohol, I have learned the following:
1) There is no such thing as an overpour
2) Apple Sourz taste like an orgasm in your mouth...but thats negated by everyone thinking you're a little bitch
3) All beer still taste the same
4) Limes burn when you get them in your cuts, your eyes, and your butt
5) No one actually knows anything about wine
6) James Bond is really not that suave as martinis are meant to be stirred, not shaken
7) That exercising your liver doesn't really make it stronger
8) How to spell shampain
9) Popping champagne bottles is oddly erotic
10) Fireball is significantly less tasty when in comes back up
Even found myself a bit of true love...for coconuts
No comments:
Post a Comment