Wide eyed, antenna blowing in the wind, and tongue lazily dragging along the asphalt while drooling all over the bumper is how I personify Otis the Odyssey. Adopted from an Asian man and his father whom I'm sure had no idea what was going on and wanted to resume his Chinese soap operas, the bargain was pretty good. Talked down to $4400, with 132,000 Kilometers, Otis has been well behaved and has been worth the investment. Potty training him did take about $500 worth of effort, but now he is leak, brake, smoke, and STD free.
While some may perceive me as a soccer mom, or others as a backpacker occasionally sleeping in his car, most still view me as ...your stereotypical Asian driver. Ok sure, every once in a while I need to be reminded which side of the road to drive on, or which side of the wheel my turn signals are, but overall...I strike fear in other drivers when I pull up with my factory produced 7" rims and sleek dry ice colored sports...van.
While some may perceive me as a soccer mom, or others as a backpacker occasionally sleeping in his car, most still view me as ...your stereotypical Asian driver. Ok sure, every once in a while I need to be reminded which side of the road to drive on, or which side of the wheel my turn signals are, but overall...I strike fear in other drivers when I pull up with my factory produced 7" rims and sleek dry ice colored sports...van.


No comments:
Post a Comment