Kiwi Phrase:
"Spinning Yarns"
Meaning:
Having usually productive or fascinating conversations with someone
Sentence:
"I was spinning some yarns with my mate"
"Come for the weather, stay for the yarns"
My First Experience with such lingo:
"Spinning Yarns"
Meaning:
Having usually productive or fascinating conversations with someone
Sentence:
"I was spinning some yarns with my mate"
"Come for the weather, stay for the yarns"
My First Experience with such lingo:
Due to the kiwi accent, yarn sounds extremely similar to yawn. Therefore I came to the conclusion that you converse with someone so much that they get tired. That the stories you tell them are so epic and the chatter is so long that they yawn. And yawns obviously have to do with your mouth as well. NO. This only led to mild embarrassment when I found out what the phrase actually was. Nothing a lifetime of therapy can't solve.
I'd spin yarns with dat ass

No comments:
Post a Comment