A quick spark ignites behind the plastic orange cover to the glass washer. The smell of burnt wires wafts through the air as the creases in the machine start to bellow light grey smoke. The congregation of Glass Goose employees start to watch in amazement as all work comes to halt as if watching an accident on the freeway. The manager on duty requests that I empty out the water within, as I swiftly reply "...uhhh NO." If I've learned anything from Pokemon, it would be that Pikachu and Squirtle were not meant to be friends. And for that, I was denied my commission from Upper Management. When enquiring about it to the Site Manager, the conversation went as follows:
I remember the first day I stepped into the construction site that was The Glass Goose. Sawdust covered the floor, chairs needed unpacking, and shelves needed to be installed. We were a green bunch with pride in what we did and where we worked because we felt like we had helped build it. In the Hiring and Training role I had an opportunity to play a small part in obtaining such amazing staff that quickly turned into a family, and for that, I will always be eternally grateful. Although I wanted to leave on higher grounds and a happier note, my adopted family still sent me off with, as our 16-step selling system would say, a warm farewell.
A dinner illuminated by city lights and the glow of red suspenders
Left us broke
So we ended up just going back to a familiar place


No comments:
Post a Comment